Improving your Florida home’s water quality can elevate several areas of your life. Not only does filtered, contaminant-free water provide health benefits, but it also eliminates buildup in your plumbing, makes cleaning easier and saves you money. Keep reading to learn more about the benefits of water filtration systems.
Common Types of Water Filtration Systems
What is the best well water filtration system? You’ll find there are several system types, with many of them combining different filters for maximum effectiveness. Two popular water filter options are reverse osmosis and activated carbon filters.
Reverse Osmosis (RO) Filtration System
What is a reverse osmosis system? And how does a reverse osmosis system work? RO filters pressurize water through a 0.0001-micron mesh, which is small enough to effectively remove minerals, heavy metals, bacteria, and viruses.
Activated Carbon Filtration System
This type of filter system runs the water through charcoal, which attracts and binds to the contaminants, removing them from the water. Activated carbon is a popular and cost-effective filter choice for homeowners throughout the Tampa Bay area.
The Benefits of Water Filtration Systems
Both city-treated water and well water contain impurities that can be harmful to consume. (Wondering about the safety of your water? Take a look at EWG’s Tap Water Database). Well water may contain bacteria, viruses, and minerals (like copper, iron, radium, and arsenic). City-treated water adds chemicals such as fluoride, chlorine, and ammonia to sterilize the harmful bacteria, but it’s not enough to achieve truly contaminant-free water. Homeowners install water filtration systems to take their water purity to the next level.
Here are some benefits of filtering your water:
- Enjoy high-quality drinking water anytime. To give your family a safe and healthy source of water, a home water filtration system will remove contaminants from the water. You can have peace of mind, knowing you are promoting drinking water safety in your household.
- Cut down on the costs of purchasing bottled water. Do you stock your shelves with bottled water to keep clean drinking water on hand? Water filtration can minimize water bottle purchases and save you money.
- Prevent plumbing issues. Water full of minerals, often called hard water, leaves deposits around the bends of your pipes. Some of the minerals may corrode the piping, while others can build up until they clog the water flow. Adding a water filtration system to remove the minerals will help your plumbing run smoothly.
- Experience softer skin and hair. High mineral and chemical content in your water supply can dry out your skin, leaving it itchy and uncomfortable. The minerals also coat the strands of your hair, which can lead to breakage. Installing a whole home water filtration system will deliver a better shower and bathing experience.
- Optimize and protect your appliances. The minerals in hard water reduce soap’s ability to lather. This works against your dishwasher and laundry machine. To reduce the buildup of soap scum, calcium deposits, and mineral stains, filter out the minerals and achieve cleaner clothes and dishes while extending the life of your appliances.
- Enjoy better-tasting water. Even if your water testing indicates the water is safe to drink before filtration, the impurities in the water can result in unpleasant flavors. Filtering out impurities gives you fresh, clean-tasting water with no odd aftertaste.
Related Content: Signs Your Drains Need a Quick Cleaning for the New Year
Professional Water Filtration Installation in Tampa Bay
Enhancing your home’s water quality is good for your health. It can also lengthen the lifespan of your cleaning appliances, promote softer hair and skin, and save you money on bottled water each month.
At FAST of Florida, our dedicated team offers expert water filtration installation services. When you are ready to upgrade your water quality with a filtration system, request service online or call 727-273-7810 to get started.