Benefits of Smart Thermostats
New technology and the convenience they provide have become central features for our utilities, and home comfort is no different. There are a range of smart thermostats that come with different features and capabilities, but they all offer advanced technology that makes it easier to heat or cool your home.
Smart thermostats allow you to simplify your home comfort by learning about your family’s lifestyle and preferences. There are many different models available—such as the NEST learning thermostat—that are taking advantage of this innovative smart home technology. Instead of walking to the thermostat or stumbling out of bed to adjust the temperature, many models allow you to use voice control instead.
Installing a smart thermostat can also help you manage heating and cooling needs for different rooms in your home. You can install room sensors or temperature sensors, such as the NEST temperature sensor, in different rooms across your house. You’ll be able to set the desired temperature for each room.
Here are a few other advantages of using a smart thermostat:
- Remote Access: Smart thermostats offer the ability to manage your heating and cooling from anywhere. Whether you are at work or on vacation, you can use your phone, tablet or computer to adjust the temperature and monitor your system. It makes it simple to ensure your home is always the right temperature before you arrive.
- Energy Savings: There’s no need to spend money heating and cooling your home when no one is there. Many smart thermostats recognize when you’re at home or away and adjust the temperature to match.
- Learning Capabilities: Many smart thermostats can learn from your behavior by recording your daily activities. All you have to do is install a smart thermostat and it does the work for you.
- Customized Data: You want to do your part to save energy while keeping your home warm or cool. Smart thermostats pinpoint the ideal way to keep your home comfortable with the smallest amount of energy.
- Environmentally Friendly: Lowering energy consumption does more than help with your energy bills. It’s also an easy way to help the environment by decreasing emissions.
Is a Smart Thermostat Better than a Programmable Thermostat?
Programmable thermostats use a schedule to control temperatures in your home. Some allow you to implement one schedule during weekdays and another on the weekend.
Smart thermostats take this convenience a step further. They provide more flexibility, convenience and technology to satisfy your home comfort needs. From learning your preferences all on their own to using voice assistant to control your home’s heating and cooling, smart thermostats introduce a new way to manage your home comfort.
At FAST of Florida, we’re passionate about maximizing your family’s comfort and helping you save more on energy bills. We’re here to help, so contact us at 727-545-8731 today to request a free estimate or to schedule an appointment.
*FAST of Florida guarantees that, if for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the installation or repair service provided, for a period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service in question, we will, at your option: (a) perform the installation or repair service again at no additional cost; or (b) issue a full refund for the installation or repair service charged. This guarantee applies for a limited period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service performed by FAST of Florida. This guarantee only applies to the workmanship of the installation or repair services performed by FAST of Florida technicians and does not apply to any products, including but not limited to the performance or defects of such products installed or serviced by our technicians. This guarantee does not apply to any defects arising from use of the system or product for a purpose other than its intended purpose, misuse, alteration, accident, abuse or failure to maintain the product serviced or installed. Customer must provide prompt notice to FAST of Florida of less than full satisfaction with the installation or repair service.