What’s a Mini-Split Ductless System?
Ductless mini-split air conditioners, also known as a split system, multi-split system or split-ductless system, differ from traditional cooling systems in several ways. Not like central air, multi-split systems can be placed around your home to provide room-by-room air conditioning, giving you total control and flexibility over the temperature of every single room.
Because they don’t need ductwork, a mini-split AC can cool or heat an area’s air with up to 25% less energy, making them fitting for many homes, including rooms with temperature-sensitive personal property or equipment, garage conversions, older homes and young homes where maximum energy efficiency and space is needed. With a quiet, smaller design made to heighten energy efficiency, they’re also just as effective and simple to use as regular air conditioning equipment.
Some models are also a mini-split heat pump. This means they can provide heat and air conditioning like standard heat pumps, keeping you comfortable through all seasons.
At FAST of Florida, we’re proud to partner with Lennox®, the top name in home comfort. Lennox builds some of the quietest and most energy-efficient home comfort equipment on the market.
Are Mini-Splits Better Than Central Air?
You might be wondering why a ductless mini-split system would be more useful than a traditional air conditioning system. Mini-split systems are just an added selection of central air conditioning system, but have a number of their own different advantages:
- Mini-splits allow for zoned comfort. Mini-splits make a zoned system, giving you the opportunity to set alternate temperatures for every room. This makes them more efficient for cooling spaces that are occupied more often, rather than using central air to cool your total house. Additionally, energy-saving features can be used to keep active hours restricted to when you really need them, which has the possibility to offer a good amount of savings from your annual energy bill.
- Mini-splits can alleviate an existing HVAC system. Mini-split air conditioners are an amazing choice if you’re only looking to supplement your HVAC system instead of replacing it entirely. This is a smart choice when hot and cold spots are an issue in dated or two-story homes, when transforming garage or attic space to a living space, and when constructing an addition. A mini-split system can ordinarily be fitted into your house with very little complication.
- Mini-splits are perfect for spaces lacking ductwork, such as additions or garages. A mini-split air conditioning system is best for any additions or renovations to your residence that don’t encompass ductwork. You can ordinarily utilize them in garages, sunrooms, attics, sheds and more.
- Mini-splits are simple to install. Because they’re not tied to a central system, air conditioning installation is typically painless with mini-split air systems. With the help of one of our certified HVAC professionals, you can typically have a mini-split air conditioner installed in no more than a day. There’s lesser interruption since we only have to drill a hole through the wall to link your ductless mini-split AC unit with the outdoor unit. This makes them more cohesive and secure than window or portable AC options.
- Mini-split ACs are uncomplicated to use. If you’re concered that a ductless mini-split system will be more difficult to use than a standard air conditioning system, we’re glad to put those reservations to rest. Even if you have multiple units about your household, there are a wide variety of settings that make choosing the right temperature simplier, including programmable temperature, motion and mobile controls.
- Mini-splits are incredibly quiet. Despite the unit is in the same space as you, ductless mini-split systems are typically more noiseless than air ducting from a central AC system. This is due to a traditional air conditioner necessitating much more power to circulate the air through the complete residence, with added wind or mechanical clatter being an undesirable byproduct. Mini-split systems are built to be subtle and can run as soundless as a whisper. If you have a hard time sleeping or have extremely close neighbors, a ductless air conditioner is a fantastic decision.
- Mini-split systems provide improved air filtration. These systems are equipped to filter airborne pollutants just as well as a central air conditioner. Mini-split AC systems are able to also come along with an electrically charged air filter to catch dust, dander and more.
- Mini-splits are extremely energy efficient. A mini-split air conditioner is just as able to be energy efficient as a standard system. In most cases, it could even be more efficient. This is particularly valid because they don’t contain ductwork that can leak air. If you only need cooler temperatures in particular parts of your home, a mini-split system can make sure you’re only applying the power you need where you need it. A regular central air conditioning system could consume up to 25% more power to accomplish the identical level of comfort. Additionally, the majority of mini-splits are ENERGY STAR® rated for their excellent energy efficiency.
- Mini-splits could last longer than a central air conditioner. Central air conditioners usually may last up to 15 years. With suitable maintenance, a mini-split air conditioner could last up to 20 years or more. With suitable air conditioning maintenance, you can allow any AC system to live for many years. A ductless system is no less effective, and we’re more than glad to supply you with the very greatest maintenance and any necessary air conditioning repair.
Our Professionals Can Aid with All Your Ductless Mini-Split Requests
Our friendly pros are more than happy to answer as many questions about the perks of a ductless mini-split air conditioning system for your household. Ready to request a free, no-obligation estimate? Call us at 727-545-8731 or contact us online today!
*FAST of Florida guarantees that, if for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the installation or repair service provided, for a period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service in question, we will, at your option: (a) perform the installation or repair service again at no additional cost; or (b) issue a full refund for the installation or repair service charged. This guarantee applies for a limited period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service performed by FAST of Florida. This guarantee only applies to the workmanship of the installation or repair services performed by FAST of Florida technicians and does not apply to any products, including but not limited to the performance or defects of such products installed or serviced by our technicians. This guarantee does not apply to any defects arising from use of the system or product for a purpose other than its intended purpose, misuse, alteration, accident, abuse or failure to maintain the product serviced or installed. Customer must provide prompt notice to FAST of Florida of less than full satisfaction with the installation or repair service.