With summer right around the corner, the last thing you want to experience is an air conditioner not blowing cold in St. Petersburg on a hot summer day. This issue could occur for many reasons, including the five we list below.
Whatever problem you’re experiencing, you can count on our experienced FAST of Florida air conditioning service technicians to diagnose the problem quickly and provide an honest and up-front repair estimate during your air conditioning repair
service call. As your local central air conditioning company, customer satisfaction is very important to us. That’s why all our repair services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee* for a year.
Here are a few ways you can solve your comfort issues and get your cooling system working correctly again.
1. Thermostat Temperature Settings
Believe it or not, thermostat settings are often to blame. We often see thermostats accidentally set to “heat” or a higher temperature.
Here’s what you should check:
• Is the thermostat set to “cool?”
• Is your thermostat set to “on” instead of “auto”? In some instances, the “on” setting will only run your HVAC system’s fan.
Is your desired temperature set low enough?
If you’re still running into problems with your thermostat or your air conditioner not cooling, give our expert air conditioning technicians a call at 727-545-8731.
2. Clogged Drain
Your cooling system uses drains to remove moisture from the air. Those same drains can get clogged with algae if not cleaned regularly. If the drain becomes clogged, your AC system can stop working altogether. To have the air conditioning drain lines properly cleared, contact us to have our experienced FAST of Florida technicians can do it for you.
3. Dirty Air Filter
Your home’s air filter helps stop contaminants, like dust, from circulating throughout your home. When the air filter gets clogged, it’s harder for air to pass through and could harm your entire A/C. That means if you set your central air to 73 degrees the air in your home may not get lower than 80 degrees due to the lack of air coming through the dirty air filter. A dirty air filter can also cause your air conditioner to overheat and stop running before it reaches your desired temperature. It can also force it to run more frequently, which can drive up your energy bill and make your system wear out faster. Since air filters vary, we recommend following manufacturer instructions on how often you should replace yours. A good rule of thumb is every two months or whenever you can’t see light through it.
4. Your Outdoor Condenser is Dirty
The outdoor equipment, known as a condenser, absorbs the heat from inside your home and blows it outside. If this system is blocked, it makes it harder to release the hot air. As a result, it may be more difficult to keep your home cool and your energy bill could increase. The condenser can get dirty from leaves, dirt, and other debris. We recommend regularly removing debris and keeping a clear area around this important part of your home.
5. Low Refrigerant Levels
The liquid that absorbs the heat in your home is called refrigerant. If refrigerant runs low due to a leak, it can make it very difficult for your air conditioning to create cold air. If you suspect your air conditioner is leaking refrigerant, call FAST of Florida immediately at 727-545-8731. This requires professional assistance due to the chemicals that are involved.
Many central air conditioning problems are caused by a lack of routine air conditioning maintenance. While we’re at your home, ask us for more information about our Complete Comfort Club, which includes annual maintenance plus discounts on air conditioning repairs when you need it.
We want to make sure you have a cool summer! Give us a call at 727-545-8731, and we’ll be happy to help you with all your cooling needs.
* FAST of Florida guarantees that, if for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the installation or repair service provided, for a period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service in question, we will, at your option: (a) perform the installation or repair service again at no additional cost; or (b) issue a full refund for the installation or repair service charged. This guarantee applies for a limited period of one (1) year following the initial date of the installation or repair service performed by FAST of Florida. This guarantee only applies to the workmanship of the installation or repair services performed by FAST of Florida technicians and does not apply to any products, including but not limited to the performance or defects of such products installed or serviced by our technicians. This guarantee does not apply any defects arising from use of the system or product for a purpose other than its intended purpose, misuse, alteration, accident, abuse, or failure to maintain the product serviced or installed. Customer must provide prompt notice to FAST of Florida of less than full satisfaction with the installation or repair service.